Are you wondering where the big guy in red is? Want a cool photo for your wall? Check out these options.
Breakfast at aquariums/zoo/farm (call now- could be sold out by Friday –December 9)
1. Have a holiday breakfast at the Shedd Museum on December 22 at 8 to 11 am
A full breakfast is offered in addition to admission to the aquarium, the Polar Express 4-D, A Holiday Fantasea ,a new aquatic show, prizes, a photo with Santa and gift for your child is inclusive.
**The price is steep; however, this day can be all day event by exploring the aquarium on your own.
Adults-$44.95 & children-$34.95
Members receive a $5 discount
To register call 1-312-692-2716
2. Head out to Brookfield Zoo for Breakfast with Santa. (Call now!)
A trip to the zoo and the opportunity to meet Santa too! This will be fun! Dress warmly.
Nonmembers: adults-$38, kids (3-11)-$26.50, free to kids 2 and under are free; members: $28 and kids-$20.50
To register call: 708-688-8355
3. Breakfast with Santa at Lambs Farm (Call now!)
Enjoy brunch and photo with Santa. $15.95 and kids under 23 months are free. Activities are included in the price
Seating at 9 am, 10:30 and noon
Call for reservations at 847-362-0784
December 10-18 (Saturday-Sunday)
14245 West Rockland Road
Eat lunch/dinner with Santa
1. Would you like to eat dinner with Santa? Head out to St Jerome’s on December 10 (Saturday) from 4 pm to 8 pm
St Jerome’s School
2801 South Princeton
Dinner prices: Adults-$10.00 & Children-$5.00
Dinner includes: Salad, mostaccioli, sausage or meatballs, 1 beverage and 1 dessert. Spirited drinks will be available for purchase.
Check out the fabulous raffle table.
A picture package is available for purchase for $15.00
For more info 312-842-7668
Breakfast with Santa
1. December 17 (Saturday) at Chant in Hyde Park
Bring your camera
9 am to noon
All food is locally grown-fresh
Adults can select from the brunch menu.
Kids’ meals can be purchased for $5.oo
Kids can select waffles or chocolate chip pancakes, eggs, bacon or turkey sausage and a kid’s drink
Reservations are suggested.
For more info: 773-324-1999
2. Breakfast with Santa at Flagg Creek Golf Course in Countryside on December 10 (Saturday) & December 11 (Sunday)
Enjoy breakfast with Santa and a picture too.
Cost: Adults (11 and older) - $11 for residents/ $13 for nonresidents; kids (3-10)-$7 for residents / $9 for nonresidents; kids- 2 and under are free
6939 South Wolf Road Country Side 60525
Reservations are required call 708-246-3336
3. Brunch with Santa at South Shore Cultural Center in Parrot Cage Restaurant on December 18 (Sunday) from 11 a.m.-1p.m.
Get a picture with Santa. Chicago Park District and Washburn Culinary Institute presents a la carte breakfast menu such as chicken and waffles, omelets, blueberry pancakes and French toasts, and luncheon favorites such as maple-glazed pork chops and grilled rib eye. Enjoy music by the Chicago Modern Orchestra Project.
Cost: Adults-$20; Kids-$12
Parrot Cage Restaurant
7059 S. South Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60649
For Information or to book: (773) 602-5487
or (773) 602-5333
Free pictures with Santa
1. December 11 (Sunday) at Union Avenue Methodist Church for one hour only (11-12 pm)
Union Avenue Methodist Church
4350 South Union Avenue Chicago
Bring your own camera to take pictures
2. Santa Claus will be in town at Daley Plaza.
Bring your camera or UL will provide photos that can be downloaded. Check his hours.
Friday, December 9 - Sunday, December 11: 11 am - 8 pm (Santa will take a break from 3 - 4 pm)
Friday, December 16 - Friday, December 23: 11 am - 8 pm (Santa will take a break from 3 - 4 pm)
Saturday, December 24: 11 am - 4 pm
50 W. Washington St.
Chicago, IL 60602
Phone : 312.744.3315
3. See Santa Claus at Zoo Lights at Lincoln Park Zoo
Nov. 25–27 & Dec. 2–4, 9–11 (Friday –Sunday)
Lincoln Park- always free 365 days! Cool place to spend time.
Open Nightly Dec. 16–Jan. 1 (Closed Dec. 24 & 25)
Zoo Lights 5-9 p.m. Free!
Live ice carving , Santa Claus, holiday craft
Parking, food and drinks such as hot chocolate and gifts are at cost to the consumers.
Parking is not free! For example, if you are there for 3 hours or more the rate is $19 dollars
The first 1000 visitors each night get free 3d glasses.
Pictures with Santa at cost
1. Santa is coming to Buffalo Wings &Rings in Bridgeport on December 10 (Saturday) at 1-4 p.m.
Bring your camera to take a picture with Santa. Enjoy good food, caroling by the Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT) ACappella choir, face painting, balloons and families can create cards at the craft table to be donated to Edward Hines VA Hospital. All proceeds from this event will help fund a special party for residents of Hines Toiletries are also being accepted for wounded veterans at Hines. Items that are being accepted are stretch gloves, stretch hats, deodorant, shampoo, shaving cream and razors.
Buffalo Wings and Rings
3434 South Halsted Street Chicago
2. Head out to The Children’s Museum in Oak Lawn to see Santa and attend a holiday party and CD release party at noon on December 10 (Saturday).
Bring your camera.
5100 Museum Drive Oak Lawn, Illinois 60453
Telephone: (708) 423-6709
Admission: $6 for adults & children over 1, seniors-$5
Be ready for fun activities and performances by Kids Rock Band, Jeannie McQueenie’s musical production; create holiday crafts and explore the rest of the museum.
3. See Santa at Winter WonderFest at Navy Pier
4. ***Check with your local Walgreens to see if Santa is coming to your town. The picture packages are nominally priced. One would need to check the price for greetings cards.
December 17 (Saturday)- Walgreens at Lake Meadows Shopping Centers at 10 to 1 pm.
3405 South King Drive Chicago, 60616
5. Pizza and Pop with Santa at River Shannon on December 21 (Wednesday) from 3p.m. to 6 p.m.
Bring the kids to see Santa, eat pizza and pop. Santa will have something for each child. Bring your camera. To see Santa is free.
425 West Armitage Avenue
For info: 312-944-5087
Reservations are not required
6. Head out to The John Hancock Observatory’s Winter Wonderland. Check out the special activities.
Each kid will get in free with each paying adult admission. Plus they will receive a free ticket for admission to the Field Museum.
Take a free 3’’ by 5’’ family photo from 12-4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
Adults are $15.00 plus tax
Additional kids (3-11) are $10 plus tax
Children under 3 are free
John Hancock Observatory
875 North Michigan Avenue
Many religious sanctuaries have Santa along with other activities.
Here are a few:
1. December 10, 2011 (Saturday) from noon to 5 p.m. A Christmas Carnival presented by the Santa Lucia Parents Association
Santa Lucia Hall
3017 South Wells Street
Kids are $5.00; Parents supervision is necessary
Pictures with Santa can be purchased. However, parents can bring in their own cameras to take pictures. Kids can enjoy all kinds of activities which include games, crafts, raffles, a gift store, a picture of Santa and food ( at cost). Raffle items include a 32 inch LCD TV.
For more info: Call 312-326-1839
2. December 18 (Sunday) at St Mary of Perpetual Help Church
1039 West 32nd Street
A holiday bake sale in the parish center from 9:30 to 2 pm
Santa will be there for free photos. However, there will be tempting treats to buy.
An alternative to a live Santa
Sometimes, having a picture taken with Santa can be frightening, but a LEGO Santa won’t be.
1. December 9 (Friday) – January 1 (Sunday) Holly Jolly Holidays at LEGOLAND Discovery Center. Take pictures with a life- size Santa and Snowman LEGO models. Activities include build your own Lego Holiday ornament, a group build of a 12 foot LEGO tree, scavenger hunt on the Dragon Ride, and build a LEGO Eskimo, Penguin or SantaPaws in the Model Builder Workshop (while supplies last)
$19-adults and $15.00 for kids
LEGOLAND Discovery Center
601 North Martingale Road